Weightlifting knee sleeves are designed to lower the risk of knee damage from the excess forces of heavy lifting, and could increase your lift.
If you’re serious about your weight lifting you need to be serious about taking care of your knees with the best solution possible. What’s the point of spending your life exerting every muscle of your body to the max and ruin your knees in the process?
When it comes to which knee sleeve is the best for weightlifting, that’s like which car is the best. However, I’m going to show you the most popular sleeves around the gym. I know you’re in a hurry, so if you want more information, just scroll down the page for short reviews.
Best Sleeves For WeightLifting
The reason Stoic brand knee sleeves always top the list of lifting products is the fact that they are strictly customer-focused. They stay on top of actual user experience for incredible quality and pricing that can’t be beaten.
- Stoic is officially partnered with most of the reputable weight lifting federations.
- Their gear is always competition compliant and waiting to take your own goals and efforts to new heights.
- The design, focus, and product is laser focused on the best possible performance and durability.
- Designed and built for injury protection, performance enhancement, and pain reduction.
- Stoic knee sleeves are 30cm long (about 11 3/4″) and 7mm thick to ensure you of the best results as a novice or professional.
What we’ve all come to expect from Stoic Lifting Sleeves:
- Amazing confidence to take your training to new heights
- Alway legal for competition in IPF, USAPL, USPA, and more
- Long length for providing full coverage
- Durable with unbreakable construction
- Superior non-slip 7mm neoprene materials
- Purchase 1 size smaller for incredible support and rebound
Count on the Stoic highest quality neoprene fabric for long-lasting durability unyielding to any wear or abuse and outstanding support and rebound power. Check out these Stoic Knee Sleeves for Powerlifting – 7mm Thick Neoprene Sleeve for Bodybuilding, Weight Lifting. Best for Squats, Cross Training, Strongman Professional Quality & Ultra Heavy Duty (Sold as a Pair)
Knowing you’re protected against knee injury gives you the confidence to go all out for training sessions or competitions that rock the boat.
✪ Sling Shot Mark Bell Strong Knee Sleeves
Mark Bell’s 7 mm Sling Shot knee sleeves are advertised as comparable to a light knee wrap, and that’s probably so. They definitely do provide plenty of compression for rebounding out of the hole. You will notice the warmth and stability they bring which will increase your confidence for maxing out your lifts.
- These Strong Knee Sleeves are designed for the sole purpose of heavy lifting.
- Some lifters think there are better choices for competition lifts, but are perfect for workouts in the gym?
- They are not 3-D design which leaves them to be straight knee sleeves and there is no doubt that t
- Strongs are definitely robust and you can feel the energy from them coming up.
- Good support for Max workouts
- Plenty of warmth and compression
- Unmistakable slingshot effect
- High-Quality craftsmanship and excellent for staying in place
Unlike the Yellow Jackets, you won’t have any trouble wearing these for your entire workout session
It’s hard to beat Sling Shot Mark Bell Strong Knee Sleeves for stability and rebound energy, but they could give you trouble bunching up behind your knees.
A solid pair of training sleeves that are well worth the price.
There’s no way to talk about knee sleeves designed for weight lifting without the Rehband 7mm Knee Sleeve – Model 7051 Original Blue coming up. Rehband has been engineering products for both the medical and sports field for 60 years. All of that experience along with the research they do brings the highest quality sleeves to reach out for your own highest potential.
Rehband is well known around the world for performance, safety, and acceleration out of the hole. The high levels of compression and support along with plenty of range of motion and flexibility make Rehband a favorite in gyms and competitions.
- Look around and see they are extremely popular with the “big guns” of powerlifting.
- No seams in the back and made for the optimal results.
- Engineered and designed for top-level support, controlled lifting power and acceleration.
- IPF & IWF Legal for Raw and Open Competition.
- 7mm neoprene
Rehband 7mm Knee Sleeve – Model 7051 Original Blue and Anatomically Shaped are comfortable flexible, providing compression and support all the way around your knee.
✪ Iron Bull Strength Knee Sleeves
Iron Bull Knee Sleeves work for lifting heavy whether you are advanced or just starting out with weights. They are 11 1/2″ long with double stitching for all-around support, compression, protection, and durability. Like most of the best sleeves for Crossfit and squats, they don’t do a lot of advertising, simply because the sleeves speak for themselves.
These are newly redesigned 7mm sleeves and will bring plenty of durability, warmth, and compression to the table. Keep your knees safe with the extra compression to keep your knee cap in place and the confidence to get it done with maximum performance.
- Made from high end SCR neoprene 7mm thick
- Anti-slip construction
- 3-D anatomical fit
- Double stitching
- 11 1/2″ long
- Great pricing
- Iron Bull is built tough, durable, and with sensational support
- Long-lasting sleeves that you will definitely enjoy wearing
- I might also add that the company support is great. If you have a problem, contact them and get a refund.
✪ ProFitness Knee Sleeve for Powerlifting
The ProFitness 7mm Knee Sleeves keep knees stable, steady, and warm! That’s what it takes to reduce and avoid injuries. They provide optimum compression that enhances performance while maintaining a full range of motion. Good for powerlifting, weightlifting, crossfit, and most any type exercise routine.
ProFitness brings a comfortable and durable knee sleeve to the table with reinforced stitching. Choose from 4 colors from medium to XXL for men or women. They come with a good warranty and a carrying bag which can help keep down the odor in your gym bag.
This is one of the top sellers on Amazon for a reason. It’s made of 7mm neoprene with unbeatable construction. Offering the thickness you need for warm joints, compression, and support for powerlifting along with all your other routines. It’s flexible for all movements, but you will definitely feel the rebound when you need it.
- 7mm neoprene
- Comes with a carrying bay
- Designed for durability, compression, protection, and ease of joint mobility
- 5 star review on Amazon says a lot
- 1 year warranty
Taking care of your knees with the best knee compression sleeves only makes sense when you’re pushing your body to the max. And ProFitness Knee Sleeves are top notch and here with an price you can afford.
Why Wear Knee Sleeves?
Knee sleeves protect your knees by creating moderate compression that keeps knees safe from injury and warm. Weight lifting knee sleeves are made from neoprene to provide more rigid support than a woven cloth. They add tremendous support to stabilize the entire knee joint along with warmth to help prevent tendonitis and other issues common to stressing your knees when working out.
Lifting heavy with your knees tends to grind on the knee joint and knee cap. Painful knees, swelling, and tendonitis is a common problem from lifting squats. It’s amazing that 1 in 20 adults past 50 has artificial knees and or all sorts of surgeries. And only a minuscule number of these people ever lifted weights much less did squats? So, you can only imagine the number of weightlifters who wind up with bad knees.
The benefits of knee sleeves in the gym
- Limiting the movement of the patella/knee cap
- Add warmth and compression
- Increase proprioception
- Reduce the risk of injuries from increased weight and pressure on the knees
- Increases circulation which can lead to less pain and swelling during and after workouts
Constantly pushing your body and joints to the limits with weight lifting workouts increases the risk of a variety of Patella injuries, and knee sleeves are the game-changer. Athletes of every description count on sleeves for knee stability, protection, and warmth.
The Answer to Knee Injuries in the Gym
Knee sleeves or wraps are the only answer to protect your knees from injury. Of course, they aren’t necessary for everything you do in the gym! However, when you are working on squats, snatches, and clean and jerks, they are your knees best friends. So, don’t leave yourself vulnerable to injuries that can put you out of the gym for long periods of time or even cause long term damage.
Should Beginners Wear Knee Sleeves
Some people say beginners don’t need sleeves, but I disagree with them. The reason is that even though what beginners lift won’t be that heavy in the beginning, form is usually terrible. Knee sleeves can add support to overcome bad form — for a while — until proper form becomes a habit.
Everyone, from beginner to advanced weight lifters can benefit from knee sleeves. They will keep your entire knee joint in place and help to prevent serious injury as you gain strength, practice technique, and take to the limit.
If you are a pro, or been around a weight room for a while, you already know that knee sleeves are for preventing damage and injury as well as protecting them when they are already injured.
If you’re new to weightlifting, you may still be in doubt if their for you or not?
Of course they won’t help with bench presses, but anything that is putting undue pressure on your knees will benefit from a knee sleeve. You will be much more in touch and receptive to your knee, allowing much more controlled movements.
The extra blood flow, warmth, compression and stability helps to keep your knees safe and injury free and can aide in rebounding from squats. Enjoy the sport of weightlifting much more when you know you are taking care of your knees with sleeves.